Join us for a screening of the 2012 Best Documentary Short Oscar®, “Saving Face,” on May 2 at 7:00 pm in the University of Southern California (USC) Leavey Auditorium.
There will be a discussion on establishing a USC Human Rights Organization following the screening.
Acid Violence Facts and Stats:
- Acid attacks are most common in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, India and Pakistan
- More than 1,500 acid attacks occur globally each year
- An estimated 50% of victims are under 18 years of age
- Most attacks are motivated by possessiveness and jealously
- Most victims remain silent, as the conviction rate remains as low as 6%
- 90% of victims of acid attacks have faced a pre-existing form of violence that led to the acid attack